04 July 2012

4th of July

To celebrate freedom and living in America today, we went to the Towanda parade. We met up with friends, and then ran into some more friends.  On the way out, saw more people we knew. That's what happens in a small town.

It was unbearably HOT. I think I sweat off five pounds just standing there.

Later we invited both sets of grandparents up for a cookout. To accommodate the vegan guests I made a slow cooker  succotash. It was good. I substituted black eyed peas for the corn, since I'm watching my corn intake. We decorated a little but it was oh so hot and I got no pictures. The girls changed into their patriotic swimsuits and played outside in the water. We didn't go anywhere this year for fireworks--not with a little baby. We opted to watch them on TV instead. Grandma and Grandpa S. stayed and watched them with us.




all lined up for the parade. 

i can't believe she slept through the heat, not to mention the noise.



i always forget to bring bags for candy. today, we made good use of their hats, which got too hot to wear anyway. 

as soon as she got her first sucker, she was done. We she sat down and proceeded to eat it. Her hair was soaked. Did I mention it was hot?!


love these swimsuits on my girly girls.


Audrey and Grandmother

Ava celebrating her First 4th of July 




Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.