Audrey learned to ride her bike last night with no training wheels! Out of the blue she asked Jeremy to take them off and he helped her get her balance and eventually let go. Upon seeing Audrey with no training wheels, neighbor Julia and Lily asked to have their training wheels off too. So, three little princess bikes were all riding up and down the sidewalk tonight with parents holding onto their pink seats or running alongside.
Audrey impressed me. I'm fairly sure it took me longer than two hours to learn to ride a bike! I had taken Ava and Allie in for baths and Audrey wanted to try her bike one more time. Up to this point, Jeremy had been following really close behind her. A little while later she came running upstairs and said, "Mom! Guess what!? I rode my bike all the way to Emma's house and then to Lily's house WITHOUT Daddy!" A huge grin on her face. I gave her high fives and told her that was awesome. I was a little bummed I missed the photo/video opportunity.
After her bath she wanted to call Grandmother and Grandpa and Grandma S. to share her big accomplishment.
Tonight, it was as if she'd been riding a bike for years. Her only shaky point is getting started, which I'm sure she'll have down by tomorrow.
Way to go Auds!
Sarah


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.