08 March 2010

Crazy Monday morning

It was one of those mornings.....Audrey, Allie and I were off to gymnastics at 10. We needed to leave at 9:50 to make it there on time. Needless to say we didn't.

There are a million reasons why we were late this day. Turns out, a week later we no longer have to get up and make it to gymnastics at 10 on Monday mornings. Audrey advanced to the next class up, Saturdays at 9 am! Whoo hoo! This is her first independent class, which means Mommy and Daddy only watch, not participate. We tried it this past Saturday and she did great. Best part is, Daddy gets to go on Saturday mornings which means no more crazy Mondays for Mommy! After this last Monday, I'm not sure how many more I could take:

Time to get Audrey and I dressed for gymnastics. I manage to get Audrey's clothes on and hair in pig tails before Allie wakes up. ( Literally 10 minutes later). I go downstairs and fetch her from the bassinet. I have her half undressed and diaper off on her changing table before I realize we have no wipes. I ask Audrey to go downstairs get me some wipes. She complies. I hear "tay mommy" which means mission accomplished, and she's on her way back upstairs. She walks in the room with one half of a dried out wipe. (heavy sigh) Allie is now crying, quite impatient with her sisters speed as she lay there half naked. I strap Allie onto her changing table and go in search of wipes. I get Allie dressed and sit her in the bouncy seat in my bathroom. It's 9:20. Plenty of time for me to get ready (which these days doesn't entail a lot). I get myself together, which always requires one or two trips up and down the stairs to fetch a missing item. It's 9:40. We've got to hurry. Allie is none to happy about being placed in the car seat. I give her a paci and start to throw things in the diaper bag. 9:42, we're still on pace, no need to stress. I get Audrey's drink for afterward, get a bottle for Allie and tell Audrey to get her shoes on. by this time the paci isn't going to suffice for Miss Allison. Audrey's diaper needs changed. (ugh) Allie is now crying so hard her face is reddish purple. (heavy sigh). Her diaper is wet. Of course it is. I take her back out of the car seat and change it. 9:45, now for sure we'll be late. Audrey, go get your coat on please and stand by the door. This is the third time I've asked her to do this, over Allison's screams. Allie's still not happy with a dry diaper so I will have to feed her before we leave. By this time Audrey is entertaining herself with a Dora puzzle. I think she would have forgotten about gymnastics if I decided to throw in the towel and not go. I see 9:48 and 9:54 before we're able to finish getting coats on, buckled into car seats and out the door. I grab Allie and her 25 lb car seat, the diaper bag and shut off the coffee pot--with my freshly brewed coffee that I didn't get to drink or put in a to-go cup. There simply isn't time. I set the alarm. Everyone is buckled in and ready to go. No keys. Of course! The keys are in the house, hanging where I put them yesterday. Ugh! I go in, shut off the alarm, grab the keys, set the alarm again and get in the car. We will be 15 minutes late today I tell Audrey. Thank heavens she's too young to actually understand what that means. In 20 years this won't matter, I tell myself. I take a deep breath as I head to the end of our street.



Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.