![]() |
| Allison Jean, 9 month appointment day |
Totally forgot about the flu shot.
I had to hold her still while the nurse quickly administered the vaccine. I was given the nasal option, but I imagined a whole team of nurses and myself trying to hold her down while they sprayed something up her nose. I opted for the shot. Even though she screamed so loud for so long that I had partial hearing loss, she said after it was over that it didn't hurt. I fear she will remember the trauma and that when she has to get another shot, she'll freak out just the same.
Her three year check-up is not going to be fun.
Allie, on the other hand did fine with her flu shot today. Doctor was impressed at how sturdy she was and couldn't believe she'd begun to take a few steps. She's growing like a weed and developing a personality. Her hair slight curls in the back. Oh, to have a child with curl! I honestly wouldn't know what to do with it, I'm so used to stick straight hair.
9 months. Nope. Can't believe she's 9 months. I remember 4 months... I can actually still vividly see the umpteen bags of breastmilk that took up the entire top shelf of the fridge. At one point I never thought that milk would run out. But, it did. 4 months was a turning point. That's when I opted to stop pumping and become and mother and wife again. It was also the first month I didn't have mastitis since she'd been born! The following months were more fun, which is probably why they flew by.
Sarah

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.