12 October 2010

a new recipe

can't get my husband to kick that diet pepsi habit! 
We had no definite plan for supper.  We had, leftover sausage and pizza sauce. My husband really wanted pizza, and we were out of GF pizza mix. I didn't.  It was 4:30 p.m. No time to look up recipes on the internet, or in my bazillion cookbooks. This is what i came up with. I'm writing it down mostly for me, so I can remember and next time improve on it. I am not a professional chef nor do I pretend to be. There are no measurements, because I typically don't cook with any. I do love to follow recipes. But tonight, it was not an option.

I don't even know what to call it yet.

Pizza in a Skillet (but really, it doesn't taste like pizza at all and that name gives a totally different impression) And it has spaghetti. See, don't know what to name it. It kinda mocked a dish from our favorite Italian restaurant. Audrey tried it, and Allie loved it. And I got to use my huge pasta bowl! I thought it was pretty good, a little salty, as I did add salt a few times here and there.  Next time, I won't. I also think it would be good with ground beef or italian sausage.

corn quinoa spaghetti, cooked
olive oil
1/2 onion
garlic powder ( we were out of fresh garlic)
2 cans, 15 oz tomato sauce
1 14.5 can diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil
oregano
basil
pepper
1 lb ground sausage
fresh parmesan cheese 1/2-3/4 c
mozzarella cheese 1/8-1/4 cup
feta cheese 3 TBSP





Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.