The snow has long lost it's novelty here, And we're projected to get a lot more tonight. The frigid temperatures have me hibernating in my 72 degrees two story unless I absolutely have to get out. I'm ready for spring. I'm glad January is over. Here is a recap. (Most of which has not been blogged about yet)
On Jan 1, we celebrated the fact our house didn't burn down on New Year Eve.
Jeremy joined the gym
Jeremy and I had our first night out of 2011. It was a spontaneous one hour date, but nonetheless, we did it. We're trying to be more intentional about investing in our marriage this year. Since then, we've had two more--each longer than just an hour.
Jan 19--made homemade orange juice after our play-date with Avery.
Jan 22--Took Allie to Peoria to see a plastic surgeon for her hemangioma. He wants to watch it for six more months. If it stops growing, we'll watch it for another six months. If it grows, they may consider surgery before age two or three. It's not harmful to her at all.
Jan 23--Celebrated Grandma S.'s birthday at our house after everyone went out for brunch. I made Turtle Cake, and found out that you can't use GF cake mixes as a short-cut. It tasted ok, but didn't look very pretty. I originally made it for Jeremy's 30th birthday party in 2007. It is sinfully yummy. Layers of chocolate cake filled with caramel and topped with chocolate ganache.
Jan 26-Audrey had a play date with Maya and we got to meet her little brother, Jude. The girls hadn't played together in close to a year. They had so much fun dressing up like princesses and jumping on the trampoline.
Jan 31--started a new semester of Kindermusik with both girls. Since Grandmother is still working full-time we're happy to have Grandma S. go with us. Audrey continues in Our Time, Allie in Village. Audrey expressed nonverbally how she wanted to say hello today. Talking to her teacher in front of the class, (even if it's not actually speaking) is huge for Audrey.
We are ready to play outside. We are so thankful for a large basement that the girls can run and jump, play grocery store and "bake" cupcakes to break up the monotony of playing inside all day.
![]() |
| Audrey putting the candles in Grandma's birthday cake |
![]() |
| The original Turtle Cake I made at Jeremy's party |
![]() |
| The Turtle Cake I experimented with. Never again |
![]() |
| Audrey and Maya |
![]() |





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.