Moving beyond guacamole, I added avocado to my tuna salad today, almost, in lieu of mayo. And, a new recipe was born. For years I've tweaked my tuna salad recipe and if you ask my mother, it's the best. We ate many a lunch of tuna salad on the screened in front porch.
I used to enjoy it on crackers, or whole wheat toast. But when I said goodbye to gluten, my tuna salad became tuna salad on salad. I've also been known to serve it in carved out tomatoes. I really haven't found a gluten free cracker that I like with my tuna. Today, my produce was limited. I opted in the end to put it over a serving of the baked fries my family was having for lunch. High in potassium and about the same calories, fat, carbs, protein and fiber. What is the (4)? That is the weight watchers point value. Note, the 4 is only for the salad, not the salad and fries!
Again I used exact measurements on whatever I'd have to "count" so the rest is just to taste.
12 oz tuna packed in water, drained
1 Tbsp light mayo
1/2 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated finely
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 avacado (I just mashed it in)
celery seed
garlic salt
ground black pepper
Drain tuna. Add in avocado and mash together. Add rest of ingredients. Serve.
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.