Dear Audrey,
You tried a dance class today, and you loved it. Peeking through the blinds outside the studio 3, I watch as you jump and twirl and learn new steps. I can't see everything but I didn't see you hesitate at all when it was your turn to chasse around the room in front of our classmates. This thrilled me, as up until now, you didn't like all eyes to be on you, no matter where you were. You had no fears leaving me in the waiting room and walking down the hall with your class. You looked so sweet in your adorable pink tutu and tights as you walked to your class, hand in hand with your new friends. You tried ballet and tap and told me you didn't like tap because it was too loud. The smile on your face lit up the room when you came rushing back after class! I'm so proud of you for trying something new all by yourself.
Love,
Mom
It occurred to me about an hour before the first ever ballet class that her hair needed to be in a bun. (crap!) I never took ballet. To say my expertise in this area was lacking, was an understatement. I had thought about u-tubing it--surely there's a how-to on making a ballerina bun. But alas, time had escaped me. A ponytail and a dozen bobby pins later she had a "bun." It was pretty rough, but I promised I'd get better.
After trying ballet and ballet/tap, she decided on ballet. There was a class that had an opening and an extra costume available in the right size, giving her the opportunity to dance at the recital. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll actually go out on stage and perform.
Traveling to this weeks class I remind Audrey who her teacher is. She clarifies from the backseat, "No tap?" I assure her this class is strictly ballet, no tap. She can hardly contain her excitement as she says, "This class is going to be fabulous! I'm so excited!"
| first night of dance. don't worry, the boots were replaced by ballet shoes once we got there. |
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.