I flutter in and out from my little cat nap on the couch during quiet time the other day. It's a rare occurrence that the youngest is asleep and the oldest is tuned into a movie. Out of the corner of my eye Audrey has her princess Barbie dolls lined up on the floor, naked, as if they are sunbathing on the beach. She has undressed five and is working on number six when I ask her what she's doing. "They wanted to play in the pool but I had to take off their dresses, cause they can't get wet." Understandable. I'm not sure where these dolls were "swimming". She was in the middle of our living room floor. When they were done with their five minute swim she asked me to help dress them again. There are eight. My quiet time is officially over. We talk about the details of each dress/outfit and I teach her how to put them on and velcro them in the back. I can't help but notice that these Barbies' panties are molded on. I think this is interesting because back in my day, they didn't make Barbies like that. I then make an off handed comment about them not having bras. (to hold up their large every so perky fake boobs) And Audrey responds, "Princesses don't wear bras Mommy. Just panties."
Not wanting to know why, I left it at that.
I guess when you're a princess, bras are optional.
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.