14 February 2011

Valentine's Day cupcakes



Roses are red 
Violets are blue
Sugar is bad 
Believe me it's true

Just kidding. I don't fully believe that sugar is bad, but it's not that great for you either. Mercy. I wouldn't be an upstanding SAHM if I didn't bake with my kids for Valentine's Day. Isn't that a rule, that you must make some colorful creative concoction for every holiday? Audrey LOVES cupcakes. I don't have a healthy gluten free cupcake yet so we used a short cut.  Friends, after you've been off sugar for even a week and you eat a boxed cake mix cupcake with that nasty tub frosting the metal aftertaste is overwhelming. Homemade buttercream next time for sure.

watching the cupcakes bake
carefully decorating them



I don't really believe it's a rule to exhibit Martha skills at every holiday. I think it's more important to use your time and energy  LOVING your children. 







Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.