february 1-2, 2011
13 inches of snow
drifts up to my waist
lots of scooping
Sears was sold out of snowblowers
neighbor kids were out of school for 3 days
many businesses closed
I did not bake cookies
or cupcakes
or brownies
I was proud.
I scooped snow for 90 minutes
in old snow shoes that were too small
I fear irreversible damage to my feet
I was not prepared to dig out of this storm
my only pair of boots have a 5 inch heel
that's a disaster waiting to happen
in 13 inches of snow.
my husband finished the rest
my husband finished the rest
i made three cheese lasagna with homemade sauce
scrumptious
So so thankful we didn't lose power.
| the snow being whipped around by the merciless wind |
![]() |
![]() |
| the next day, our front porch |
Sarah


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.