Bitty Baby has a (pretend) friend named Doc. He likes to go to Bitty's birthday party. Go ahead, ask her, she'll tell you a story about him. But make sure you have the time to listen, these stories are long and in depth!
This morning the girls transformed Allie's pink mini coupe car into a boat. (they turned it over on it's side.) They were going fishing. Under water, with the fish.
Her imagination has become more complex and sometimes I watch in awe. I once had not one, but two imaginary friends (later I learned that meant I was creative) and baked prize winning cookies in my easy bake oven too, but then, I came upon a lot of responsibility. Ah to be three again!
She loves to pretend play. When we get home from the grocery store, she'll want to play "shopping." She'll take bags, fill them up and carry them around the house. After a doctor appointment recently, she said she wanted to play doctor when she came home. She's learning, learning by doing, and it's so fun to watch!
Her latest kick? She's planning her wedding. She plans out the menu, who'll she'll invite, whether Bitty will be there, what she'll wear and what she'll do with her hair. She wanted some envelopes one day to send out her invitations. (such a child of a party planner) I was happy to finally get my invitation. We're still working on the groom.
The other day I sat down to read books during our quiet time and she started in on a story and I know 15 minutes went by without her hardly stopping to breathe. She loves to tell stories almost as much as she loves reading them. She's always wanted to read the book after I'm done reading it to her. Sometimes it follows the same story line, and others it takes a whole new turn.
What an imagination!
Sarah




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.