I'm not even going to write that I think Audrey has this potty training thing down because if I do, she'll quit. But let's just say she's been wearing panties. On our nightly walk earlier this week Audrey realized she forgot her grapes and drink. Very upset that I didn't bring them for her she began to throw what only can be described as a tantrum. Logic and explanation doesn't seem to work when she's in that place, so the fact that we'd given them to her and then she left them at home didn't suffice. We tell her we're not going back home. We rounded the corner and we hear, "I have to go potty!" I heavy sigh. It's hot and humid and after five minutes I'm dripping with sweat and five minutes is not enough time or calories. I tell Jeremy I think she'll be fine. But what if we're wrong? We head for home, cut through the neighbors grass and get to our garage door when we hear, "no, I don't have to go potty." All along I figured she was just saying that so we'd go home and get her grapes and milk. But since she's new to both wearing panties and apparently lying, I wasn't totally sure. She didn't have to go even a little bit. It was all a ploy. (an even bigger sigh)
Oh man Noa does the exact same thing to me!!! I am glad my child is not the only "liar" where do they learn this????
ReplyDelete