 |
| Audrey's first PB&J sandwich she made by herself. |
One day before her third birthday, Audrey wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The all around staple of any moms kitchen. I was occupied in the kitchen that day and told her she'd have to make it herself. Having never done this, but always up for a challenge she agreed. And what a great idea! She's a very conscientious worker. I give her one slice of bread and the peanut butter. I take the other slice and spread the jelly on for her. This originated because I wanted to keep the jelly gluten free (no double dipping!). She puts the slices together and makes the sandwich. She's always so proud of her accomplishment. "Mom, I did it!" I'll hear her exclaim. Then she takes a huge bite--the kind that leaves jelly all the way to your ears. Audrey is a little type A, so the next time we made it, we had to make it exactly like we did the first time. And she has no qualms about telling me what my role is. "You spread the jelly and I spread the peanut butter, right, mom?" It's really not a question though, it's more of an order. Now, if I could just get her to do the jelly side too. I think it's worth buying two jars of jam.


 |
| of course it's Jiff (all natural) peanut butter! "Choosy Moms choose Jiff!" |
Sarah
How "sweet!" Choosy Grandpas choose ALL NATURAL SMUCKERS (only ingredient is peanuts) If you don't have to stir it, it's not natural:)
ReplyDelete