I still can't believe it. My little Allie turned one on December 16th. Her party was the 18th. I feel old admitting that time does go faster every year. I believe that being sleep deprived and having children 24 months apart contributed to that feeling.
December birthdays are a whole new dimension for me. No one in my immediate family had a December birthday.
I can't say I dislike them, per sea, but it takes a multi tasking pro and an organizational genius to not feel overwhelmed in December as is. I was just catching my breath from Audrey's party when it was time to send out Allie's invitations. I'm learning the groove. A special thanks to my friend Alicia for making the cake, my mother in law for making the tree and owl to match the invitation and my Dad for taking pictures.
 |
| one year ago |
 |
| today: ready to party and coordinating so well. |
 |
| the cake: chocolate on the top, strawberry on bottom. Buttercream frosting. |
 |
German Chocolate GF cupcakes and GF vanilla cupcakes with buttercream.
the #1's I molded myself from a pan I found online. |
 |
| we lost Allie's shoes that morning. completely lost. still can't find them. |
 |
| me and Allie. |
 |
| It only took Allie one time to understand what to do with the present, but Audrey thought she still needed help with every one! |
 |
| Allie on her new rocking horse. |
 |
| helping her get started with her cake |
 |
| yum! |
 |
| getting the hang of it |
 |
| why is the box always more fun!? Playing in the box her pink coupe came in |
 |
| we forgot to get a family picture during the party so we set up the tripod. not so conducive with a one year old! this is the unedited version. |
 |
| and now, on to Christmas |
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.