24 January 2012

First Day of Dance

My tiny dancer started her first day of dance class today. When big sister signed up last week the teacher offered for Allie to try a class. It's a ballet class for 2-3 year olds. I was willing to let her try it. She did so well! And she was so cute. The youngest one in her class, she followed directions, listened to the teacher, tried to do the moves and kept saying, "my dance class, my dance class, " every time we'd pass the studio during Audrey's class. She is my fearless child. She walked down the hallway by herself to class when her teacher said it was time to go. She didn't look back, reach for me or cry.  I told her that I'd be right there in the waiting room and off she went.  I peeked through the doors a time or two and couldn't help but chuckle. I was so proud that she was actually doing the moves, on her first day of class (so different from Audrey's first dance class last year). I got to go in the last few minutes of class and watch Allie's class do their dance. Allie's class is not going to perform in the recital but they still are learning a dance. (Unfortunately for me, my pregnancy brain took over my camera controls today and my pictures didn't turn out great).

The moms got to watch Audrey's class dance their recital dance today too. It was Audrey's first day too in a new class, so she wasn't as polished as the other girls, but followed along pretty well. She seemed to really enjoy it, and if the smile on her face after class was any indication of how she liked it, I'd say she might have found a new favorite activity. She's taken a break from dance since last May. She's been asking to do it again since November. When I asked how it went and how she liked it, an enthusiastic and confident, "Good!" is what she said.







 I think this says it all. Love it!









Sarah

1 comment:

  1. That is so adorable! We are wanting to get our daughter into dance as dancing is her favorite thing, she just turned 2, two weeks ago. Where do you take your girls, is it expensive? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.