This became my motto 4 weeks ago when I walked into my OB's office and said, "It's gonna be a long 6 weeks." The aches and pains of the third trimester were in full swing and I could barely walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night due to back pain. She smiled and said, "One day at a time."
So that's what I've been doing. Taking one day at at time. Not worrying about tomorrow, as it has enough worry of its own. Dealing with what has to be dealt with today (dishes, laundry, chauffeuring my children to dance, preschool and gymnastics) and if I have enough energy left over, planning a bit for tomorrow ( packing hospital bags, the girls' suitcases, washing baby clothes, and trying to put together a nursery).
It's gotten me the last 4 weeks. Hopefully it will get me the last 12 days.
My last check up at 38 weeks, I was progressing normally, and everything was checking out great. Except for my weight on the scale. I keep waiting for the scale to say, "One at a time, please." Stopping that number from going up another pound would be the added bonus to going a week or so early. Seriously, every week, it's not the half pound she supposedly gains, but 3-4 whole pounds. Ugh.
I am excited about meeting her, a little anxious about the labor and delivery and of course making sure she's ok and healthy. And then, breastfeeding, and incorporating her into our daily routine. I sure hope she likes the car.
But again, "one day at a time."
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.