Today we signed Audrey up for her second year of preschool. This year was easy. No stress like last year; Where to send her, if to send her, how many days, how much does it cost, what's the curriculum, etc. So happy I didn't have to debate any of that this year. The only question was, to stay 3 days a week and move to the 4's class, or go 5 days a week to the pre-K class.
When Audrey's teacher told me she'd do great in pre-K I thought that's what we needed to do. Until I thought about it more, talked it over with Jeremy and talked to other moms. At the end of the day, this will be her last year at home before starting Kindergarten. Why would I willingly send her to school (and drag everyone out) five days a week? The 4's class will adequately prepare her for the transition, academically, and we will figure out how she'll transition from 3 half days (really, only 2 hours) a week to 5 full days of Kindergarten when the time comes. I am happy with our decision even though she won't be with some of her friends she met this year.
After having our first parent/teacher conference, there is a little part of me that is afraid that she may get bored with the 4's class and in turn, act out. Her strong willed nature plays a huge role here. Still we will remain in the 4's class until next year. If there is a spot in pre-K, then it was meant to be.
Sarah






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.