12 January 2012

First Snow

First snow of the winter:  Jan 12, 2012.

Audrey asked so nicely during quiet time to go outside and make a snow angel, that I just couldn't say no. Lucky for me, Aunt Autumn was here to watch the girls today while I worked on a video project. She went outside and braved the biting wind and snow with Audrey while I stood at the door and took pictures. At 36.5 weeks pregnant I am super hot, most of the time. I actually stood there for a good little bit with the door open and watched Audrey play and I never got chilled.


It was so cute to listen to Audrey converse with Autumn and try to get her to make a snow angel ( in her jeans).  She was pretty excited to make a snowman. So excited that even though the snow didn't stick together (at all, it was like powder) she made one anyway. She got brave and went down the slide and slid about 5 feet beyond the slide on her rear. She laughed and laughed. She kept coming to the door and saying, "Mom, you've GOT to see this!" and "Is my hot cocoa ready yet?" and "Mom, I know! We can go ice skating! " And finally "Can we go sledding?" She really wanted to go sledding, but I explained to her that our backyard is not hilly enough, she would have to make the slide work.

 I could hear Allie upstairs playing in her room and not sleeping. I knew she'd love to go outside. And she did. I had to offer her hot chocolate, cookies and a sucker in order for her to willingly come inside.  She's the girl who would stay out all day, despite  her red cheeks and frost bit hands. She asked to go back out a few hours later, "Go outside, play in snow?" as she picked up her snow pants. She's gotten so good at talking lately. You can almost carry on a real conversation with her.


Allie loved to crawl around in the snow on all fours. 

The best thing about a cold snowy day? Homemade hot cocoa. (and cookies. and suckers)







Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.