02 February 2012

I 'wuv' you, Mom

Allie melted my heart this morning during Sesame Street. Out of practically no where, she climbs on my lap, gives me a great big hug and says, "I wuv (love) you Mom". Everything pronounced clear as day, except for the "love." In fact, at first I wasn't sure what she said, so I asked her to repeat it. So glad I did. I'd been telling her that everyday since she was born, and just today, out of the blue did she tell me on her own. So for today, that made it worth not being in the hospital delivering her little sister.

She has recently began talking up a storm. She repeats EVERYTHING, and forms sentences like she's been talking for years. So I've had to watch what I say. Like the other day, I told Jeremy in a playful tone to "shut up". And she right then said, "Shut-up, Dad." Oops.

Her pronunciation is great. She takes after her mom there. Perhaps a career in radio or television??

For today, I'm thrilled with her over zealous hugs--she throws her arms around my neck and squeezes as hard as she can and just stays there and lets me hold her for awhile.  She gets right up in my face and gives me kisses. She is indeed my cuddly child. And I love it.


Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.