12 February 2012

Our first weekend as a family of five

Friday February 10th. Ava went to the doctor for her three day check up and her weight was down, to 7 lbs, and something. Honestly, I forget the ounces but it was enough of a loss that her pediatrician wanted to see her back on Monday for a weight check. If she hadn't gained her birth weight back, he'd suggest supplementing in some form.

Saturday February 11th. Happy Birthday Uncle Drew! Uncle Drew, Aunt Autumn, Uncle Ben and Aunt Hannah came to meet Ava before going out to celebrate Drew's birthday. Can't believe he's 25!  Allie got into the cake the hospital gave us today. The girls like to watch when I change Ava's diaper.  They get their step stools and the ottoman and climb up so they can see me change her or give her a sponge bath on the pack and play changing table. Allie still brings her toys to play with.



The girls continued to love on Ava, asking her hold her often.

Ava is doing well, despite my nursing issues. I often have to wake her up to nurse.  I love this cuddly stage where she eats and then sleeps so peacefully.

The girls love holding Ava. 
Ava, 4 days old


Allie after finding the cake the hospital gave us












Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.