Audrey and Allie met Ava tonight. They had stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's house while we were in the hospital. We used our iPhones and laptops to Face Time with them, so they'd seen Ava, just not in person. They came home tonight, a few hours after we got home and brought dinner. Can't believe I forgot to get our first picture as a family of five! Or a picture of the three of them together.
Audrey was excited to see and hold Ava. She had on her Big Sister shirt, and had asked Grandma to braid her hair and put several hair clips in so she'd look pretty. Allie had fallen asleep in the van and was more interested in sleeping. Although, once she woke up she wouldn't stop wanting to touch Ava and hold her and she kept saying, "Baby Eva (Ava)!" At one point Grandpa said, "You may have too much help on your hands." the girls were suffocating for a few minutes, each wanting to hold her and touch her. So curious they were! I look for them to lose interest in a few weeks but continue to be loving sisters. At least until they start sharing clothes.
Allie is getting over a cold/cough so I was reluctant to let her hold Ava, but she begged and begged and once I put her in her arms she got the biggest smile on her face I'd ever seen. It was adorable.
Sarah




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.