Nothing says Happy Mother's Day quite a bloody nose and puke all over me and the family room carpet by 7:00 a.m. That proceeded the formula vomit from Ava later that day that soaked me, her and her bouncy seat. Just a typical day for a Mom. Oh and did I mention my washer isn't working??? If you smell something sour and gross, it's probably my laundry room. I thought we may have to make a trip to the ER too, but alas, we dodged the bullet there. What caused Allie's bloody nose? Not listening to Mom, of course! Audrey and Allie were doing "backflips" over the arm of the couch. Even though a minute before I had told them to stop, they continued and Audrey didn't wait long enough before she flipped over backwards and landed on Allie's nose.
homemade breakfast
My husband tried to make up for the fact that he/we didn't call early enough and get a reservation for Sunday brunch. He attempted to make homemade hash browns, fried some bacon, made an awesome omelet and remembered fruit. I am happy to eat Sunday breakfast in my PJ's at home with a hot cup of (good) coffee. It sure beats the stress of making sure Allie doesn't knock the table over at the restaurant, or get gluten all over my plate of food. It was however interrupted by the said bloody nose incident, above.
a vase of flowers from Audrey
Starbucks gift card from Allie
no cooking all day long
mimosas on the patio after church--made me wish for more mimosas, warm breezes and bright sunshine, with the only interruption is my husband, offering to get me another drink. Maybe a trip to Jamaica isn't too far away...
I love my girls. And there's nothing I hope for more than to see with a (sound) mind their children's children's children grow up and marry and have kids. Three dramatic girls under the age of five are at times hard to manage and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tired most of the time, but I wouldn't trade these young years when Allie is still content to let Audrey read her a book and Audrey makes up new imaginary friends every day and they both LOVE to make Ava laugh. Although the day I don't spend the majority of our budget on formula, diapers and overnight pull-ups, will be a happy day indeed.
Sarah

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.