12 May 2012

Dance Recital 2012

Audrey did a wonderful job today at her second dance recital. Her class danced to "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music. Her dance was classic and elegant. (well, as elegant as it gets when you're 4 and in ballet). I would have said her favorite part was twirling around on her toes. She said though it was when she smiled and pointed her toes to the side.

Last year I was anxious she wouldn't even go out on stage. This year I was afraid Allie would want to run out on stage. Allie's class (2-3 year olds) learned the dance that the another class the same age performed, "Good Ship Lollipop" but before we enrolled the parents opted out of the recital. Halfway through watching this other class perform today my mom taps my shoulder and I turn around to see Allie, sitting peacefully on Grandpa's lap, doing the motions right along with them. Even though we tried to explain it to her, I don't think she understood why she wasn't out there, and I think it made her a little sad. Afterwards she told me she wanted to be in the recital like her big sister next year.

Audrey says she wants to do dance again next year. But I'm not sure she really loovvveeesses it. She doesn't understand she needs to go to rehearsal during tech week instead of playing outside with her friends and doesn't love to put her hair in a bun or wear make-up. It's probably just her age. We'll see what next year brings.








this is supposed to be first position....or their interpretation of it at least. 

Audrey took her Polly Pockets to rehearsal and they were a big hit as the girls waited their turn.




Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.