She's having to do 6 weeks of physical therapy to try and heal her Achilles tendonitis, per the doctors orders. What disturbed me slightly, was when she went for her first PT appt, the therapist got her foot/ankle to do what the Dr. could not do, within 30 minutes. I'm not sure what we'll be doing for the next 6 weeks, except a lot of exercises at home and twice a week therapy....in the middle of the holiday season, of course. :)
Fearing it's the "c" word or another serious condition we checked with her pediatrician just for peace of mind.
The above was written about 6 weeks ago.
She did therapy. And it didn't seem to help. And the physical therapist seems to think it's not her achilles tendon at all.
There were still nights that she'd wake up crying and complaining that her ankle hurt. There were still times that she had to limp or walk on her toes because it hurt. There were still one or two instances where she refused to walk on it.
At times I wondered if she was faking. At times I wondered if it was something major. At times I just didn't know what to think as the therapist could never get it to do what it did when we weren't there.
Yesterday, the therapist recommended that we be done with therapy, cancel her last sessions and move up her appointment with the Orthopedic surgeon. After leaving and calling her pediatrician, we went ahead and did an MRI today on her ankle. We await results on Monday. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit nervous.
But for today, I'm off to her room. The new Barbie Dream House is moving in and we've got to rearrange.
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.