What to do on a wintery Sunday afternoon two days before Christmas? Make cookies for Santa, of course! Gluten free sugar cookies and I don't get along. But in the interest of using the 800 cookie cutters I have and so my girls can participate in cutting them out and decorating them, I decided to give a store bought mix a try. A friend told me about Bob's Red Mill Shortbread Cookie Mix that she uses for cut out cookies. We managed to keep a few for Santa and the rest, they ate.
Audrey and Allie wanted to roll their own dough out and shape it and pound it and play with it, so I gave them each a chunk of dough and let them do whatever they wanted with it. This year they picked out trees, angels and reindeer. We decorated them with colored sugars before baking.
Sarah






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.