31 December 2012

Audrey ankle update

So it turns out....she has a stress fracture in her left ankle.

I believed the whole time it's wasn't achilles tightness, especially after our first therapy session. She may indeed have achilles tightness, but I didn't think that was the root of her pain. And, Momma knows best! Although we were halfway through the appointment before the MRI results came in and I wasn't getting very far trying to tell the orthopedic surgeon I was convinced that therapy hadn't helped Audrey. Maybe it had, slightly loosened up that area, but I told him she was complaining just as much as she was before. He told me it was ok to send her back to gymnastics......and dance.......

And then the results came in the door.

A stress fracture. No cast. No crutches. Just rest.

Have you ever told a 5 year old they can't jump, or run, or dance? Ugh. It's gonna be a long 3 months.

I am thankful though, that it's not something much much worse.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.