26 August 2011

First Day of PreSchool

The first day was really more of a visit.  She was to come for a half an hour with a parent, or two.  Jeremy had to work, so I got to help her find her backpack hook, her tote, her name on the sign in "home" and "school" poster and watch her get acclimated with the school room and their toys. It didn't take her long to find the kitchen and start making pancakes. She found a dollhouse and large sponge number puzzles that she said were her favorite. When we left she said, "I think I really liked my first day of school." And then she asked if we could get McDonalds for lunch.

Earlier this summer she picked out a princess backpack (my cute little preschool backpack from PBK got booted!). I didn't argue with her when she packed her backpack FULL of books this morning. I knew it would only take her one day of lugging a heavy backpack before she'd do it again. And I was right. She also HAD to take her Rapunzel figurines. At the end of her half hour day she decided when getting in the car that her backpack was too heavy and that next time she'd only bring her extra clothes and her Tinkerbell folders.

She knows one other little girl, Caitlyn, in her class. She knows her from years of Kindermusik together. We did not plan or coordinate, they just always end up in the same class.

Overall Audrey is very excited and has talked about preschool all summer and how she can't wait to go! We are excited to have this opportunity and I can't wait to see how much she learns and grows this year. She is getting to be such a big girl!


all ready for school with her princess backpack

Audrey and Allie


Mommy and Audrey before school


hanging up her backpack, playing with the doll house, all smiles in the kitchen



Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.