Today I was thrilled to co-host a baby shower for my sister-in-law Hannah, with my other sister-in-law, Autumn. I was thrilled because partly I love planning parties, but really, I'm so happy that Hannah is pregnant! Now my kids will have someone to play with at family gatherings! We decided on pink and pumpkins as the theme and a baby shower brunch! We invited friends and family and served a few breakfast casseroles, gluten free dairy free pumpkin bars, potato soup, blueberry muffins, veggies and hummus, hot apple cider, coffee, ho-ho cake and made chocolate suckers for guests to take home. I did not get a good picture of the ho-ho cake because although it tasted wonderful, the decor I had in mind for the outside looked better in my head. :)
I normally hate games at showers but we found one online that used pregnancy words and matched them up with candy or candy bars in a memory game. It was so much fun! I made the board using the foam board I'd covered from Audrey's birthday and just used simple scrapbook paper for the rest. So each person would pick two numbers and then we'd uncover the word. If they got a match, they got the corresponding candy bar. For instance, if the word was 'triplets' the candy bar was '3 musketeers,' or 'epidural' was 'lifesavers.' The guests liked this game a lot.
We also asked the guests to fill out a wishes card for the baby. They answered ten questions on a piece of paper. We will then put these cards in an album for our little niece and give it to her when she's older.
It was so much fun! Now, for this little bundle to arrive.....
 |
| Autumn made those beautiful tissue balls. |
 |
| We dressed up the coffee and apple cider cups with burlap and pretty pink ribbon. |
 |
| Chocolate suckers that say, "It's a Girl!" |
 |
| these blueberry muffins were literally falling apart on me. next time I will bake them in paper liners. |
 |
| our game board |
 |
| these are the cards people filled out for the baby. We got them here |
 |
| Autumn showing off the game board while I explained how the game worked |
 |
| Autumn. My Mom. Hannah. Me. |
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.