No more excuses. It's time to just do it. There are so many stories about the girls that by not writing them down, I've already forgotten.
I started hosting this brunch on the first day of school two years before my children could even dream of signing up for kindergarten so when my time comes to wave goodbye to my little school girl, I'll have something to deter me from coming home and crying in my tea all morning. Because, just the other day I put together that next year, I will not only have a Kindergartener but a preschooler too. Be still my heart. STOP GROWING dear children!
So it's with great joy that I do host this brunch, for moms of school aged kids. My hope is that they are encouraged conversing with other moms and maybe meet a new friend in the process. Most of all, I don't want anyone to go away hungry. :)
This year, I decided to do a small waffle bar to accompany the breakfast casseroles. As always everything was gluten free, but this year a few selections were also dairy free. And wouldn't you know, they liked the gluten free/dairy free pumpkin bars better than the original! I made a banana punch this year that was super yummy.
And we can't have a party here without a near catastrophe. This morning, the heating element in my oven broke in half just seconds after I finished warming the last of the waffles. Silly me, I thought that meant to could get a new oven. I guess they sell those at Home Depot for like $14.75. Shucks.
![]() |
| I got cute little bottles of syrup from Funk's Grove, to go with the waffle bar/brunch theme, ya know. |
Sarah












No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.