We conquered our first trip out of IL as a family of four this past weekend when we went to visit Sean, Gina and Hannah. All Audrey could talk about was Hannah's house the entire 2.5 hour trip. Any desolate farm house on the way was "Hannah's house!" And we'd reply, "No, Audrey, Hannah's house is still a long way away." All in all, Audrey and Allie survived without a DVD player. I ended up in the second row between the car seats more than once, usually to feed Allie. We were all ready to get out of the car by the time we got home that night.
I didn't take any pictures of this trip, even though I lugged my entire camera bag. I was nursing a sore throat, headache and mild case of the stomach flu so at the time I just didn't have the energy. Audrey and Hannah played really well together. So well that the next day on the way to church Audrey asked, "Hannah's house?" And then, today, she wanted to go to Hannah's house again. Amongst playing with trains, doll strollers and driving Hannah's Barbie Jeep, Audrey enjoyed playing with Hannah's Bitty Baby and wearing a pair of Hannah's red shoes. She didn't take them off the entire time we were there. The girls jumping on the bed resulted in a big thud during dinner, in which both sets of parents froze mid bite, dropped their forks, pushed back their chairs and waited for the cries. Hannah fell off the bed and hit her head. Silly monkeys! I found it interesting that Audrey reenacted the entire scene for me. I felt a little CSI like when I interrogating her about what had happened.
I was glad we went even though the day was rainy and cold, as the next time we see Sean, Gina and Hannah, they will be a family of four.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.