Last Wednesday I went into Audrey's room bright and early when she was screaming for "daddy!" I guess it was more like, "dadeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!" and found her in a mess of her own puke. This was 10 minutes before her friend Jaiden was scheduled to arrive. I stood there for a moment at the side of her bed forming a strategy, as to not touch any of the puke myself...if at all possible. I hate puke. Audrey seemed pretty cool and collected--normally she's an emotional mess when she pukes. I begin to ask her questions of when it happened, did her stomach hurt, etc. She'd been fighting a cold and terrible cough. I finally conclude that she coughed so hard that she puked in the middle of the night and had been laying in it for hours. Gross, right? I am not above throwing out items of clothing or sheets if they are too soiled or if I think I might puke cleaning them up. Consider it my bad luck that one of her favorite stuffed puppies got the brunt of this upchuck. Crap. (heavy sigh)
I'm moving fast at this point, hurrying to get everything stripped and washed out before her friend arrives. I throw everything into the washer, after rinsing it out in my laundry room wash tub. Jeremy has now made his way downstairs to go to work and I say, "I would seriously rather clean up poop than puke." He replies 'oh, not me, I'd much prefer puke." I offer for him to come and unclog all the partially digested food pieces from the wash tub drain. He turns me down.
Audrey is well aware that puppy is in the washer. She stands there and watches the tub rotate and the suds begin to form until she finally spots him amoung the sheets the princess blankets. "Mommy, I see puppy!" A not so brief 2 hours later--you know I steam santizied that load! ---we put puppy into the dryer and I hoped and prayed he made it out in one piece. He did. The delighted look on her face was worth the disgusting partially digested food I washed down the drain 4 hours prior.
Jaiden came and everything was fine. They played with Jenny and Bitty, watched Cinderella, ate Goldfish, colored and went "shopping" with their babies and shopping carts. Too cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.