I'm a party poop-er when it comes to dyeing eggs. I never understood why we did it. I dyed the breakfast staple for years (many more than I truly cared to) growing up. It was our tradition, and my mother did a great job holding on to that for years. Lots of time, stinky vinegar, and then what? I asked around this year to my mommy friends, and no one that I asked knew why we did it either.
To me, it was just an activity connected to the Easter bunny and egg hunts--which now has been replaced by candy filled plastic eggs.
For three and a half years I've held off on this traditional spring time activity. Audrey and I colored icing and decorated cupcakes to look like Easter baskets instead. I figured that could be our tradition.
But this year, I thought Audrey was old enough to actually enjoy this. I let her pick out the kit at the store. She chose the Glitter Eggs, of course. Not only did we dip and soak the eggs, but then we dipped them again in a solution and then shook them in a bag with glitter. I only hard boiled six, not twelve. Less waste, I figured. I know you can eat them, but no thanks. I prefer my eggs uncolored and my egg salad without glitter.
I'm not sure we'll do it again.
I much prefer the cupcakes myself.
Sarah



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.