20 April 2011

A great night at dance

The last few weeks at dance class, when the Mommies and Daddies came in to watch the recital dance, Audrey froze. I saw her doing the dance as I stood outside peeking through the blinds, but once an audience arrived she just stood there, staring back at them. The first week we talked about stage fright and the weeks that followed we talked about how it's ok to be scared, but you still have to do your dance.

Last night, I expected nothing more than her standing on her yellow line.  Instead of sitting right in front of her, I sat down the wall a bit. I got out my iphone ready to tape another performance in which she stood there like a frightened soldier. To my surprise she did the whole thing (well, as much as any 3 year old can!) She actually looked like she was having fun! She turned, she curtsied, she chassed, and she jumped--by far her favorite part. There's hope for the recital! My phone was dangerously low on battery but I did get all one minute and thirty seconds of the dance recorded!

It's been a good week for Auds. She did more in swim than she's ever done too, including jumping to the instructor from the side of the pool!

A few weeks ago I took some impromptu pictures of her in her outfit. She had her street shoes on as we were ready to walk out the door. We'll do a real photo shoot soon.








Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.