11 July 2011

Garden update


Our tomatoes have taken over our garden. Tons of little green tomatoes that one day will all turn red at the same time and I'll sit and wonder what on earth to do with them. next year, we either plant less, or have an entire garden dedicated to tomatoes.

The cilantro died. The beetles attacked the basil and cilantro pretty heavily and when I tried to organically get rid of the bugs with dish soap, garlic, cayenne pepper and water, it killed the rest of the cilantro plant. So I'm going to have buckets of tomatoes and no cilantro to make salsa. Figures.

Our peppers showed promise early but the tomatoes took over and shaded them, therefore we have one, maybe two pepper plants that are producing. Jeremy's cayenne pepper plant has quite a few on it, but we have no idea what to do with them.

cherry tomato plant

mint


more tomatoes

roma tomatoes (I think)

our lone green pepper plant, that according to Jeremy is supposed to be a yellow pepper plant.....

cayenne peppers

parsley (it grew back after the rabbits initially got it)
basil


our poor cilantro



Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.