My cousin Mary is getting married. So the girls and I were invited to her bridal shower today. Audrey couldn't wrap her head around the idea of a bridal "shower," at first. She didn't understand what it was and thought the whole time that she would open presents and then go get married, all, today. And she kept asking who the Prince was. When I explained that the wedding was another day but that today she got to open presents, she began calling it a birthday party. She was excited about going nonetheless because there would be cake. And punch. She then thought maybe she should wear her Sleeping Beauty dress-up gown because it would be a fancy place where
just girls were invited. But she changed her mind at the last minute on that. She did however take her new princess lunchbox that has a carrying strap like a purse, and for all intents and purposes could be, indeed, a purse (that keeps things cold). It was stuffed to the max with her essentials, which included a Hello Kitty notepad and her new washable markers.
As I sat there admiring some of the gifts my cousin was unwrapping I was reminded how fast 7 years went and how outdated most of my gifts are today. I'm thinking that it should be mandatory that at 10 years you get to register again and have a reception to celebrate. A good idea, no?
Sadly we had to leave early to get to a neighborhood cookout so I didn't get any pictures of the girls and me with Mary. But I got a few of the gift opening and of Allie, eating her chocolate covered strawberry with determination.
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.