We took Audrey to her second baseball game this summer. This time we went with several neighborhood friends and sat in the grass. I have no idea who we played. I can't tell you what the score was. I can't tell you anything about the game. I was there with my daughter.
I had no idea how many crickets would be in the grass when I agreed to this. I am seriously a box seats kinda girl.
Audrey's main objective was to get cotton candy. She didn't watch a pitch of the game but we did manage to stay past the 3rd inning this time. She had fun playing with her friends in the grass or the rocks. And, yes, she got cotton candy and shared it with her friends.
This was the first time she'd gone anywhere for an extended period of time without Froggy (her potty seat). (Another blog post) However, she had no accidents and went to the women's restroom with me one time. When we were there she told me to just hold her--she didn't want to touch the seat! There's no doubt she's my daughter!!!
We left right as it began to rain. Oh I almost forgot. There was a home-run during the time we were there, and I think our team hit it. Hard to imagine I spent my adolescent years sitting at baseball games! Even harder to imagine one of my first radio gigs was a sports reporter.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.