25 August 2010

Miss Allie

Allie at 8 months. 




Allie is always smiling! She is, 99% of the time, a happy baby
She was stuck in the stroller the entire time we were at the zoo this past weekend and each time I'd look down and smile, she'd smile this big smile right back!

Poor Allie. I feel like I never write about her but she's constantly doing funny things or making great leaps towards her milestones. Now at 8 months she is a very independent eater. She hates it when I try feeding her with a spoon. I've had to get a little creative as to what I give her to eat; Nutritious, bite sized, non choking foods. The list isn't that long! 

She cruises the furniture and tries to pull up on anything within her reach. She scoots a lot, but does not crawl. She gets the biggest smile on her face when she rounds a corner or successfully transfers herself from one thing to another. 

When music comes on she'll shake both arms up and down repeatedly.  She does this when I'm shaking up her bottle too. I've even caught her bouncing to the beat when she's standing up. So cute. 

The way she kicks her feet and legs when she's sitting, but wanting to move is downright hilarious. That's all the girl wants to do is move. For that reason, she's not a huge fan of the car or long distances in the stroller. Our days of walking 5 miles at night  has ended, I believe. 

No teeth yet. 

Bless her little heart she is sleeping through the night. I'm knocking on wood as I write this hoping not to jinx it. FINALLY! Although, she still does wake up occasionally and need help back to sleep, most nights she handles it on her own. 

You'd think since she's so picky about food that her weight would reflect that, but she's still got the biggest thighs of any kid on the block. She wears 18 month and some 24 month clothes right now. Audrey was the same way, except she would let me feed her with a spoon, as long as she had one too.

She plays this little game with me when I'm rocking her to sleep at night. It's hard to describe, but she'll sit up on my lap, facing away from me, pause for a second, and then throw herself back into chest. She'll wait for me to laugh, if i don't, she'll turn her head and look up at me and smile. And then she'll do it again. I have no idea why, except that one night she did it and I laughed. And every night since....





Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.