Jeremy: " Audrey, who is in charge here?"
Audrey: "I am!"
Me: "Well, there-in lies the problem!"
The situation: There have been times, like the other night, that Audrey refuses to eat what I make for supper. I know that when she is hungry, she will eat. I refuse to make her mac and cheese for every meal. Getting a child to eat their supper. One of the hidden challenges of being a parent.
ugh. It's such a fine line. We want her to try everything and if she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to finish it. Even that is a struggle sometimes. She often tells me when I'm slaving in the kitchen "I don't like what you're making Mommy." Prepping me I guess for the mealtime battle and stating her position up front makes her think she's got an edge?
Jeremy's question came after several low pressure attempts for her to try her meat and potatoes at supper. We finally got her to put a bite of meat in her mouth. she gagged. ugh.
At least she ate the fruit and veggies.
If she was stating that she was in charge of her eating, then good. I want her to feel like she's in charge of what she does with her body. I fear however, that her answer to who was in charge was in fact how she truly views the world.
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.