16 September 2010

She's a Mover

  Happy 9 month birthday to my little girl. 


Allie is officially crawling. She pushes with one leg while tucking the other. It's not traditional by any means, but it works. SHE IS EVERYWHERE and into everything. She cruises on furniture and is smooth in her transition from standing to sitting. She can pull up on almost anything. She's been cruising for awhile now but just this past week she's rolling over more and has combined all her moves.  WHICH MEANS she can get across the room in no time flat. The other night, while entertaining my family for my mom's birthday, we bowed our heads to pray and by "amen" she had pulled up to Audrey's table and was snacking on her food. We've started to gate the house (oh I hate stepping over chairs, which is what we're using until we can find some big enough) Now she stands at the chairs, tries to move them with both arms and whines until you come and let her out.  Just today she's taken an interest in climbing. She'll try to climb up the stairs or over stuffed animals. It's quite humorous at this point. One thing is for certain, she does not like to be alone. Wherever Audrey is, she'll move to get there. And if I'm cooking supper and I put her in the playroom, I'll see her crawling around the corner about the time I return. Yesterday, when moving plastic tubs around in our basement I screamed as I dropped one. She made a noise and started crawling towards me and it's as if she was saying, "Don't worry mom, I'm coming!"


I don't know her weight or other stats as we go for her checkup next week, but I'm fairly certain just by looking at her adorable thighs (I do love them) that she's somewhere in the 90th percentile. 

Allie is over jared baby food. She likes to feed herself and hates pureed anything. But if I take carrots out of my soup, she'll eat those right up. 

This past week when she had a cold she started sleeping on her belly. She seems to prefer that. And finally, (knock on wood) she is sleeping through more nights than she gets up. 

I thought her outfit was cute yesterday so I snapped a few pictures last night when we were outside. Normally she has a huge smile as she's a very happy baby but she was much too interested in the mulch and the neighbor kids to pay attention to me! 

Look at those thighs. 
Standing at this tree last night was the most she stood still all day



Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.