12 September 2012

Disney World Day 4: Epcot

A 12 hour long and grueling day at Epcot. I know I say that everyday was hot, but this day seemed even hotter for some reason.  I didn't take hardly any pictures this day as I was too busy walking and sweating. In hindsight, I wish I would have bought the photo pass CD. All the pictures the photographers take. Next time, I will. In the end, it would have been worth it and they got a lot more that I didn't.

I'm glad we went to Epcot, but I would agree that it's more adult centered than child. I think we walked around the world three or four times--I had awful blisters when leaving today. No place along the world would sell me anything because they were afraid it contained gluten. I did find an Italian stand that did give me a glass of wine before the firework show. And we relaxed in the afternoon with some margaritas. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

First we got in the park early for reservations at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. This was our second princess breakfast. Next time I won't do two, but there were aspects I really liked about Cinderella's Royal Table, like the castle and the princesses there, but the food for me--gluten free, egg free and dairy free was better at Epcot. Everyone else had huge portions of food. We were wrapping up breakfast and I told Jeremy he needed to eat something. He laughed and said he did, but with me not eating and the girls being little girls, the plate hardly looked touched. The princesses make a conga line and parade around the restaurant here, and none of my girls were interested in that. So, for our second trip, not sure which one I'd pick to do again.


We road Soarin, because everyone said we should. We had to parent swap this ride and Audrey was tall enough so she went first with Jeremy. Afterward she wasn't sure she wanted to do it again, so I was having a hard time convincing her to go with me. So I brought out the "I'll buy you something if you'll go with me" card. It worked! Soarin was neat.  I don't like heights so as long as I didn't look down I was fine. She later picked out a stuffed Minnie Mouse and then told us that we should get Allie one too.

The girls weren't much into the characters at Epcot, so we next went to see Turtle Talk with Crush, Under the Seas with Nemo. Audrey and Allie both sat down front with the rest of the kids. Again, a neat show. We spent some time walking around that building, looking at fish and nearly losing Allie.

We rode Living with the Land. Not for us.

We rode Spaceship Earth. Jeremy's idea.

For lunch we went to Germany and ate at the Biergarten. This was Jeremy's pick of restaurant and fitting since we host an Oktoberfest party every year. The music show was entertaining, Audrey went out on the dance floor with the little girl sitting next to us. In Germany I guess they all sit together at long tables, so they sat us with another family. Jeremy said the beer was good. But the gluten free selection, although large, was just not my cup o tea. I just don't think I like German food. I can still smell the sauerkraut that hit you like a tidal wave when you went to the bathroom. The bathroom was very close to the kitchen.

We relaxed in the afternoon at LaCantina. We at this point were getting close to running out of sit down meals because we chose to eat at nicer places and we had a ton of quick service meals left. I was upset to have to call  and cancel some of the best places we had booked for Saturday and Sunday but Jeremy didn't want to pay out of pocket, when we could eat for free. So we sat for awhile while the girls had a snack and planned the rest of our trip.

As Jeremy and I were walking around the world the girls all fell asleep and there was no line to meet Sleeping Beauty, so we did.

For supper we ate at LeCellier during a torrential downpour. It had been a long day, Jeremy was still full from lunch so he ate light. The food was excellent. Perhaps we'll try going back when the kids can appreciate it more. This was my top choice of where I wanted to eat. I'd read excellent things about the gluten free menu and wanted to try it, and will again, if they ever let us back. We spilled milk, red wine,  and our kids were a tiny bit loud. A tip: It's $50 to cancel your reservation here.

We did not stay for the firework show at Epcot. We started it but couldn't see very well and it was all down low on a lake and we just decided to hop the monorail home. It was a bad day for me to wear flip flops. I wasn't sure how to was going to walk the next day--but that mole skin stuff really does work. I went through at least one whole box of that.




Belle was the princess that they photographed you with, we also met Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel and Cinderella

Outside the Nemo exhibit

after breakfast in Norway


inside the Beirgarten, Germany
rockin the hat
the german band



chillin while everyone gets a snack and drink


showing off her Minnie Mouse and how old she will be




Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.