12 September 2012

Disney World Day 3: Back to Magic Kingdom


This morning Allie awoke before Audrey. Jeremy said, "Allie, can you wake up Audrey?" and she told Jeremy, "Yes. I will wake her by yelling." She then proceeds to yell. "Ahhhhhhhh!" She looks at Jeremy and says, "Daddy, Audrey did not wake up when I yelled. You yell." 


Today's highlights:

Breakfast: Chef Mickey's. 

First thing: Town Square to meet Rapunzel, Belle and Cinderella. Sidenote: When we walked in I could not believe the ropes they had set up and how far back the line stretches in busy time periods. I thought, I'm not sure I'd wait over two hours to meet a princess, but yes, I will wait 20 minutes. Plus it was always nice and air conditioned in these buildings. Audrey was so pumped to finally meet Rapunzel.

We spent a good amount of time this morning in Adventureland meeting Jasmine and the Fairies (Tinkerbell, yea!) Got ice cream at Aloha Isle and went back to Fantasyland to ride a few favorites like Dumbo with Allie and the tea cups.

We walked to Frontierland today but didn't do anything there. We split up this day momentarily. Jeremy took the girls on the Jungle Cruise while I stayed with Ava.


Mickey's Philharmagic

We needed a break mid day and headed back to our hotel so I could grab some lunch and the girls could nap. It was around 3pm I think and it rained and rained and rained and the girls did not nap. They ran around the room, watched the rain, had a few snacks. We all got changed to go back to the park and by the time we got there, they were all asleep. I looked at Jeremy and said, "Now what?"

Dream Along with Mickey show.

When the girls woke up--half way through the Mickey show, we went to Tomorrowland to meet Buzz and so Jeremy could ride Space Mountain. He left me with all three kids and I wasn't thinking, what am I do do if Audrey has to go to the bathroom. We were in line to meet Buzz, and we'd been in line for awhile and we were almost there,  like second in line when Audrey says she has to go potty. Well, of course. I ask if she can hold it and she says no. I tell her she really needs to for just a few more minutes and then we'd go. Well, a few minutes later a look over and there's pee running down her leg. Ugh. So, we are literally next in line. Buzz takes a break--and we exit the line and head for a bathroom. By the time we got out of there and back in line Jeremy comes back and Audrey is upset that her panties and skirt are wet and that her shoes are wet from urine. She talks Jeremy into buying her a new outfit. After Allie meets Buzz, we go back to Fantasyland and pick out a cute princess outfit and matching flip flops.
We had just come back to the park less than two hours ago (on foot because the monorail was broken) and didn't want to leave again. There were quite a few things we wanted to do yet today, so he justified buying her a new outfit. And of course, we had to get Allie shoes to match!

They ate at Casey's Corner tonight and had ballpark food. I opted for only a drink. I haven't drank diet coke in years but something about Disney and walking all the time and sweating buckets made me crave it. So, I jumped back on the wagon this week and drank diet coke. The quick service places all have gluten free options, but often it takes a lot longer and I wasn't willing to make them wait when I could just eat a snack I'd brought along.

Meeting Tiana and Naveen was one of the last things we did tonight. The line seemed to take forever but they were very good with the girls. They spent a lot of time interacting with them. Tiana had to send Naveen off for a little bit because the girls were scared of him. Ava was asleep during this so they posed with her in the stroller. We saw the electrical parade from Tiana's Garden but opted not to stay for fireworks, as they weren't until 10 pm tonight.

We walked back to our hotel and back twice today because the monorail was shut down. Oh my feet!

I was sick this day. It was the one day that it interfered with what we were supposed to be doing--I almost missed Rapunzel, but made it.

We utilized the baby changing station/room near the  Crystal Palace, a lot. 


Ava loved playing with all the characters noses

again, here Audrey wasn't a fan of the characters, only Minnie Mouse.




Jeremy found a great Disney app for his iphone that we used constantly to check how long lines were and fast pass schedules.

when we made our way back to the park, we had 3 sleeping beauties


Dream Along with Mickey show. 


watching the Mickey show on the castle stage

finally Allie meets Buzz


dinner 

getting ready for the fireworks. This was taken back by Casey's Corner. We opted to not watch them tonight








Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.