Easter eve always means a visit to Aunt Carol's house and my hometown for supper, visiting with family and an egg hunt. Even though the weather was a tad bit chilly, it didn't stop the kids from playing outside. My Aunt arranged for this car that had been rebuilt to look like a radio flyer wagon to come and give rides, etc. This was Ava's first egg hunt and she was more interested in walking down the drive way than picking up eggs.
My contribution to the food this year: Bacon deviled eggs. Um, yes. They were awesome. Add bacon to anything and it becomes impulsively addictive. I normally don't make deviled eggs. I just don't have the patience to sit there and peel them all once they are hard boiled. And darn, I didn't have a fun egg plate either. And I would have known that but it's been years since I've made eggs. But it won't be years again. These were delicious. Eggs and bacon go together naturally so a little mayo, mustard and green onions and you've got yourself a very proud egg. I got the recipe from myrecipes.com. Super easy. Totally worth the patience building exercise I endured while peeling them and then trying to use my easy accent decorator to fill them but the bacon and green onion kept clogging the fancy tip. So there were only a few that were fancy. And if you were wondering, no that didn't stop people from eating them. I didn't bring any home. Not a crumb of bacon was left on that plate.
a rare occurrence. I'm always behind the camera! It was tough taking pictures of three little girls going in three directions for the egg hunt so I asked my Dad to take some too. With me? My cousin Penny, and I don't believe we've ever had our picture taken together, so it is truly a rare picture.
A highlight of my day: holding my little niece Olivia. Isn't she so cute? I could not believe how much she'd grown since her newborn pictures at my house. I just love her. And when we got in the car today Allie said to me, "I like baby Olivia Mom." She was pretty infatuated with her too.
Audrey and Allie love to take their scooters and ride up and down the long driveway. They were excited to play with their cousin Skyler and a few neighborhood girls. We are so thankful for all the work Aunt Carol puts into buying goodies for the eggs, filling all 90 of them and doing that year after year. Not to mention making the majority of the food.
Now, off to steam Easter dresses, set the table for brunch and finish the Bunny Bait bags.
Sarah















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.