05 March 2013

Tuesday March 5



Our feet crunched the newly fallen snow as we walked into swim lessons today. With Ava and her puffy coat on one hip I reach over and pull Allie's hood over her head. "No Mom, I like the snow in my hair."  We made it inside where Audrey did great and all Ava wanted to do was walk out on the deck of the pool. She's just in a phase where she loves to move. She does it at all the activities now. Even if I take a snack. She just wants to walk and eat. Even if I take an activity. We may have to move down to the playroom soon and watch on the video monitor.

At home it began to snow harder and the wind picked up. We were going to head out to the store. Allie opened the front door to look at the snow and when the gusty wind blew a patch of snow onto her face and hands she declared it was too cold to go out today. The  girls, still really liking the Sophia the First show wanted to make princess fans today during craft time. The princesses in this story are always holding accordion style fans and so we made some and they even decorated theirs like Sofia and Amber. Audrey is Sofia and Allie is Amber. When they'd made their fans, they needed to get princess dresses, purple for Audrey and yellow for Allie because in the show, Amber wears a yellow dress. We borrowed Audrey's Belle dress. Allie brings the  dress up costume to me and says "Mom can you put this on me?" She then says as I'm putting it over her head, "It's so glittery.... And I like glittery things."


Ava continues to scream and yell to communicate. Today, I was trying to get her to sign "please" when she wanted me to open fruit snacks, which normally she's not allowed. After three times of me gently trying to get her to say please and her just looking at me and screaming back, she took the fruit snacks back out of my hands and walked away. I had to chuckle a little on the inside, I could tell she was getting frustrated.  I called her back and opened them, which got a smile. I hope this screaming and yelling is a short phase.

I went to get a few Project Life supplies today and found the Wizard of Oz in chapter book format for $1.00. I couldn't pass it up and Audrey and I are now to chapter four. I don't think she's ever seen the movie and I'm pretty sure it would scare her right now, so I thought we'd start with the book. She loves listening to chapter books.


the girls made princess fans today

Allie in her glittery dress with her princess fan


 When it looks like this outside......



we have lasagna. a comfort food at it's finest for dinner.






Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.