Lately, I feel like one of those frazzled moms on the cover of a book on motherhood. The picture often shows a woman who is exhausted, in her bathrobe, hair a mess, holding a cup of coffee in one hand and a baby in another, surrounded by dirty dishes, piles of laundry and toys. That is my life the last few weeks and that's been my house the last few days. (ok, weeks). As a type A, I like things orderly and neat. I would like my house to look like the ones in my Pottery Barn catalog (that I no longer have time to read) and I'd like to look as put together and attractive as my favorite characters on Desperate Housewives. I try and remember everyday that kids make messes and often make it impossible to clean up one mess before another one explodes. Instead of trying to describe the state of my house I thought I'd just take pictures. The fact that it's absolutely frightening makes me laugh. My husband described it best when he said "it looks like a tornado hit a toy store and then carried all those toys to our playroom and dropped them."
a heaping pile of dirty towels put there by my husband on Saturday.
Today is Tuesday. I think he thought he was going to wash them?
I love how they greet me as I walk up the stairs.
these are clean diapers--but none the less
Our living room, where most of the damage is done.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.