15 February 2010

Another Potty Training Debacle



When I have more energy, I will write deeper, meaningful blog entries, like what I love about being a mother or what I hope my girls learn from me. For now, my sleep deprived self will write down the little moments that made me laugh, cry, or that I want to remember, like this one:

Today, while trying on new clothes to see if they fit, Audrey's overly full diaper needed changed BEFORE we could try on any new pants. I asked her to go get one (I was feeding Allie). She comes back with her Elmo panties on and no diaper. I remind her that she'll need to go to the bathroom to pee. She agrees. I urge her to try on one more pair of pants and then she can be done. She does and is now dressed, head to toe in new clothes, some we've decided to keep and others we're debating. She decides she likes the pants. It's a good thing, because at that moment she looks at me and says, "mommy, pee!" And that she did, all down her leg, into a puddle on the carpet in Allie's bedroom. Sopping up most of the pee were those new pants. Guess we're keeping those! I just don't think Baby Gap would hand them back to me if I tried to return them now. They are for sure, damaged merchandise. So glad I got them on sale.

Sure, I knew better as a mom who's potty trained this same child before that you don't take risks like that, but it was literally 2 minutes, and her diaper she'd had on weighed 10 lbs. I was taking the chance she wouldn't have to go again for awhile.

So, I run her to the bathroom (Allie in my arms, still trying to take her bottle) and then realize I need to put Allie down. I have decided there are never enough bouncy seats in the house when you have a baby and a toddler. All of ours were downstairs. The empty infant tub would have to work. I put Audrey on the toilet just in case there was a drop or two left and proceed to clean her up while Allie screamed bloody murder. Audrey then helped me scrub the carpet, again, while Allie screamed for someone to pick her up. I decide right then and there that we, (I), are not ready to potty train again, yet. Perhaps this spring or summer when she can fertilize the yard, instead of my carpet.

Allie cried this time and I thought about it. There was no laughing.








Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.