Allison Jean--2 months
At 2 months Allie smiles and coos, tracks objects in front of her,
holds her head steady by herself, grasps and holds onto things within
her reach (often my shirt, or hair), she straightens her legs and stands with
support on my lap, and she can lift her head off the floor on her forearms like a
turtle. She eats a lot! 4-5 oz at each feeding, sometimes more. Her spit up is minimal.
She still eats every 2-3 hours during the day but sleeps 7-8 hours overnight, most nights.
She sleeps on her back in the pack n play in our room or the bassinet downstairs during the day. With her recent cold, she's been sleeping more upright in her car seat.
Her baby acne is fading away now and she has quite chubby cheeks. Her favorite activity? She loves it when people talk to her! She also loves bath time.
Height: 22 3/4 75th %
Weight: 13 lbs 10 oz 95th %
Head: 15 1/2 in 50th %
Here is how Allie's 2 month check-up played out:
- The doctor was really impressed with her head control
- Her hemangioma appears to be slowing down and will more than likely decrease or disappear by age 5. At that point we can do plastic surgery if we so desire.
- Audrey was very interested in what was going on with her baby sister that day (all the while taking care of her "baby i-ee", of course). During Allie's immunization shots Audrey climbed up on a stool. "Me see, me see!" She shouted! When Allie began to cry Audrey began singing to her the Puppy Book song, (a song her and Grandmother made up one day at the piano) and continued until the shots were done--so sweet!
- Earlier in the visit when the nurse called us back Audrey told her, "Baby I-ee hot". Which translates, to "my baby Allie is sick." Most people don't understand that though and think she really means she's hot, not that she has a fever.
- Then, while I was undressing Allie for her weigh in, I look over and on the table lay Audrey's baby-doll completely undressed and diaper off, also, ready to be weighed. Audrey then took her baby over to the big girl scale and had her step on it.
- It was pretty crazy with two girls in the room for awhile. In the midst of all the undressing, weighing, crying and cramped quarters, Allie proceeded to pee all over the scale and the nurse holding her. Meanwhile, I'm trying to calm Audrey down enough to get her on the scale, as she was there to see the doctor as well. She's getting to the age where she remembers the doctor and isn't always so excited to do anything besides observe. So, weighing her this day was quite the process. An interesting tid-bit: When the nurse put her on the scale she shook her head and stepped off saying, "no shoes, no shoes." She still had her shoes on, and knew she should take them off before being weighed. Very smart, I thought! I later got her to stand there if I stood right next to her. She weighed 34 lbs. She's 27 months.
- When the doctor found out she was still on breast milk and I was only pumping 3 times and able to keep up with her demand, he encouraged me to continue as long as I could--even though I was/am in the process of weaning. His advice and encouragement came 2 days before I found myself battling my 3rd case of mastitis. (heavy sigh).
Regardless of the state of my breasts, I'm so thankful and thrilled that Allie is a healthy, thriving baby. I'll often record shows I don't get to watch at night anymore and watch them during the day. (often while multitasking). Not long ago, while rocking Allie to sleep, I watched the Dugger's (19 kids and counting) in the hospital with their newest and very premie daughter Josie. Michelle, the mom was still unable to even hold her newborn As a mother, my heart broke for her, having felt the nagging urge to hold your baby, comfort and feed them, it had to have been horrible to stand outside her little incubator for weeks watching her struggle for life. As I gently swayed my 13 lb baby to sleep that afternoon I held her a little tighter, thankful for her health, thankful she was full term and thankful she was able to come home 48 hours after she was born. Happy 2 month birthday Allie! Mommy and Daddy love you very much!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.