15 March 2011

Clean up on register 4

Did you see me in Target today? I was the woman who hadn't showered yet because she'd been up half the night with one sick kid and up the other half with my perfectly healthy child.

Because Audrey wasn't feeling herself she sat in the cart today, up front. Which left the whole back of the cart for Miss Allie. I put as much of our necessities up with Audrey; popsicles, dish-soap, etc but Allie kept taking those items and either throwing them out of the cart or trying to open them. I just knew she'd get ahold of an Easy Mac container and have it all over herself and the cart before I could stop her.  But then she spied the Goldfish. We don't normally buy these and when we do the girls can't wait to eat them. Allie kept holding them out to me and "eh, eh eh-ing" until I grabbed a little snack pack of Goldfish off the shelf, opened them and sat her down. Ah, peace and quiet. See, an inexperienced mother would have just opened the big package that was already in the cart. Having done this before and having bought an empty package of Goldfish after losing our fish somewhere between the laundry detergent and baby wipes, I knew the smaller the package, the smaller the mess.

She did well until we got to the check out and she dumped the rest right there on the floor. I'm sure the guy behind me buying nothing but a pair of jeans appreciated the obstacle course of little cheddar crackers he had to maneuver. At the credit card machine I took longer than usual as I was paying three ways. A little something I like to call creative budgeting.

Today's Target trip was pretty calm, besides Allie's mess at the register and the annoying loud crunch of yellow cracker fish under my shoes and red cart as we exited the store.





Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.