03 March 2011

If you've seen the movie and you have a preschooler...

Audrey loves the movie, Toy Story 3. That was the first movie she saw in the theater, and now we own it.  She's been acting out scenes lately. I promise she has limited TV time, but her brain is like a sponge!

A few weeks ago I woke up to Audrey yelling, in her best interpretation of the mom in Toy Story, "Annnndyyyyyyyy!" There she was in the hallway with two small tied up garbage bags (of rotten diapers) pretending they were the two garbage bags of toys Andy keeps or throws away in the movie. His mother yells, as she trips on them.

Yesterday she asked me to reenact a scene from Toy Story 3. "Do you want to be Andy's mom, Mom? Please please please please please?" 

(ugh) How could I say no? I got to be the daycare worker who accepts the box of toy donations from Andy's mom. Audrey was the mom. And then we switched and acted it out four or five more times, until Audrey ran out of things to say.

Later,  that creative little imagination got her in trouble. 

With a black dry erase pen Audrey wrote (like the mom in Toy Story 3) with permanent ink on our white microfiber couches and again (before we caught her) on her little pink canvas box she keeps her toys in on her bed. It took us 20 minutes, in the middle of making supper to clean the couch and ottoman. I finally realized what she was doing (at least with the box on her bed). She kept saying something about sending her toys to "Sunnyside". She was trying to label the box, just like the mom in the movie did to the box of toys that Andy donates to the daycare.







Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.