It's bedtime and I find Audrey on her bed reading a princess book to her dolls. I climb up on the bed next to her and ask which book she's set aside for me to read. And this is what she said, "I am reading Cinderella to Pink (Sleeping Beauty) and Blue (Cinderella) and when I am finished then you can read Cupcakes." I replied, "Audrey, if I'm going to read you a book it needs to be now because I need to go spend some time with Daddy." In a defeated voice she answers, "ok mom." And I read her the Fancy Nancy Cupcakes book. Which she has memorized, like her other Learning to Read books. She could read the entire book by memory if I just got her started. After a few pages of me beginning the sentence and her ending it in which I was getting a kick out of this, because it was uncanny that she knew every single word. She says to me, "You need to read all the words on the page, because you are reading the book to me." Well... ok then.
During quiet time this week I was reading a counting Cinderella book to Audrey. She coudln't remember how to hold up the number 4 with her hands so I helped her remember. I said, "that's how old you're going to be this year. and that makes mommy kinda sad." "Why?" She said very inquisitively. "Well, because I want you to stay young and be my baby forever." And she said, "If I drink a lot of milk I will grow big and strong." yes you will, I say. And then you'll go to school and I'll be so sad because you won't be home with me anymore." She she said so sweetly, "But I'll come back Mommy. Once school is over, I'll come home." I laughed. "Yes you will and you can tell me about your day and what you learned and we can have milk and cookies!" With a huge smile she said, "Yes!"
And just today she told me that the shirt I was wearing made me look fat. Yes, she did. Where did she learn that phrase?! More on that later. And, yes, I changed my shirt, into one that in my opinion, was even less flattering.
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.